Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have financial aid available?
- Yes, since we are a fully accredited institution, Massage Therapy students may apply for financial aid. For more information visit the financial aid website.
- Why is RCC so much cheaper than other private massage therapy schools?
- Because RCC is a community college, we are able to offer our program at a significant savings as compared to private schools.
- Can I earn an Associate Degree with this Program?
- Yes, while this program is a one-year certificate program ,
some credits earned may be applied to the Associate
of General Studies degree.
- Is this program offered in Medford?
- No, the program is only offered in Grants Pass. However, have a number of students who carpool from the Medford and Ashland area.
- Is the program offered at night?
- The program is only offered during the day.
- What is the class schedule format for each term?
- 2013-2014 Sample Schedule
- How does RCC stay current with the changing massage trends?
- The Massage Therapy faculty are all licensed massage therapists (LMT). They spend many hours of their own time researching the various trends. We also meet yearly with our Advisory Committee.
- Can I complete the program in two years instead of one?
- Yes, many students decide to take the program over a two year period. However, students must re-apply every year. How to apply
- Is the program accredited?
- Yes, the college is accredited through the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. The Oregon Board of Massage Therapist has reviewed and approved our curriculum.
- I am licensed massage therapist in another state. What do I need to do to qualify to take the licensing examinations to obtain my license in the State of Oregon?
- You can apply to the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists and have an Official review your education. OBMT will inform you of coursework you may be missing or if you have met the educational requirements. If you have transcripts and course outlines from your schooling, the RCC Massage Therapy Department Chair can assist you with an Unofficial educational review and advise you on classes that may complete your educational requirements.